PA GIS Conference Exhibitor Agreement
Exhibitors are integral to the on-site culture at the PA GIS Conference. Most exhibits are located on the second floor of the conference center, in the refreshment break area, but some non-profit and educational exhibitors may be located near the Poster Session and ‘Mappy’ Hour (formerly InfoSwap). Don't miss this great opportunity to promote your organization and mingle with current and prospective customers and members!
All tabletop exhibits include:
- One 5' table with white tablecloth, black skirt and two chairs (exhibit space is approximately 7' wide by 5' deep.)
- Complimentary electric service run to each exhibit
- One complimentary full Conference registration (Tuesday, April 11th - Wednesday, April 12th, 2023)
- A listing in the PA GIS Conference website that contains the organization name, organization logo, and link to a website.
- One-time recognition on the Conference Twitter account
Exhibits DO NOT include:
- Pre-Conference Workshop attendance on Monday, April 10th, 2023.
- Overnight accommodations.
||Monday, April 10th, 2023
||Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
||Wednesday, April 12th, 2023
||3 - 7 p.m.
||7 - 8:30 a.m.
|Exhibit Hall Open
||8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||8:30 a.m. - noon
||noon - 3 p.m.
Contract Acceptance for Exhibit Space Rental
The Exhibitor agrees that this agreement including the Rules & Regulations set forth in a separate document by Keystone GIS with or without appropriate or timely payment of any and all fees; this agreement shall become binding and enforceable in accordance with its terms. Although Keystone GIS will attempt to accommodate exhibitor requests for specific booths, no guarantees can be made that the Exhibitor will be assigned the specific booth(s) requested. Exhibitor acknowledges that it is not contracting for a specific booth(s), but rather for the right to participate as an Exhibitor in the 2023 PA GIS Conference. Booth selection will be done one (1) month prior to the conference on a first-come, first-served basis.
Should your organization be unable to fulfill its exhibit contract, a written notice of cancellation must be sent to pagisconference@Keystonegis.org by 4 p.m. Friday, March 31st, 2023 to be released from this contract. Cancellations received after March 31st, 2023 will be subject to an administrative fee of 50 percent of the exhibits’ value.
Terms & Conditions
The Exhibitor specifically recognizes and agrees that Keystone GIS will sustain losses in the event the Exhibitor fails to provide timely written notice of cancellation. In keeping with industry practice, the existence of such practice being hereby acknowledged by the Exhibitor, and because such losses cannot be precisely measured but include the costs associated with the inability to replace those canceling, advertising, credibility, redesigning of floor space, and the like, the Exhibitor agrees upon the following late cancellation assessment schedule as being in the nature of liquidated damages, which schedule is specifically designed to compensate Keystone GIS for Keystone GIS losses and not constitute a penalty, should the Exhibitor fail to provide timely notice of cancellation of all or any part of Keystone GIS assigned booth space.
Cancellation During the Period Of
March 31st, 2023 or After...................................................................................................................50%
Cancellations will be accepted only in accordance with the above schedule. There will be no refunds for cancellations received on or after March 31st, 2023.
- Exhibitors are prohibited from using amplifying equipment that is objectionable to Keystone GIS and the Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Center.
- Exhibitors must confine their activities to their contracted space.
- Exhibitors will not be permitted to use strolling entertainment or to distribute samples or souvenirs except from their own booths.
- Exhibitors who use costumed models or mannequins must ensure that their manner of appearance and dress is such as to not offend even the most critical.
- Draping materials and other decorative materials must be flameproof and comply with all State and local regulations.
- Keystone GIS reserves the right to require modification of questionable exhibits.
- "Cash and Carry" sales are not permitted from the exhibit floor.
- Should Exhibitor play music, Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center and/or Keystone GIS harmless from any action brought against the Exhibitor by any licensing organization for the playing of such music.
- Exhibitors are prohibited from serving alcoholic beverages. Any other food and beverages must be purchased through the official food vendor.
- Exhibitors must comply with all safety provisions as required by the Facility and Fire Marshal.
- The laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall govern the construction, interpretation and enforcement of this agreement.
- Exhibitors must display only products/services manufactured or distributed by their company.
Neither Keystone GIS, its agents, and employees, and the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, its agents, and employees shall be held liable for, and they are hereby released from liability for, any damage, loss, harm or injury to the person or property of the Exhibitor or any of its officers, agents, employees or other representatives resulting from theft, fire, water, accident or any other cause. In no event shall Keystone GIS, its agents, and employees and the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, its agents, and employees be liable for any consequential, indirect or special damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, whether based upon lost goodwill, lost profits, loss of use of the Exhibit Space, or otherwise, and whether arising out of breach of any express or implied warranty, breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation, strict liability in tort or otherwise, and whether based on this Agreement, any transaction performed or undertaken under or in connection with this Agreement, or otherwise. Exhibitor agrees that the liability of Keystone GIS, its agents, and employees, and the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, its agents, and employees for damages, regardless of the form of action, shall in any event be limited to the aggregate exhibit fees paid under this Agreement. The Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend and protect Keystone GIS, its agents, and employees, and the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, its agents, and employees against, and hold and save Keystone GIS, its agents, and employees, and the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, its agents, and employees harmless from, any and all claims, demands, suits, liability, damages, loss, costs, attorneys’ fees and expenses of whatever kind or nature, which result from, arise out of, or are connected with any acts or negligence of, or failures to act by Exhibitor and, or any of their officers, agents, employees or other representatives, including, but not limited to, claims of damage or loss resulting from the breach of this Agreement, and claims of damage or loss to any third party resulting from any infringement of a copyright or patent or the unauthorized use of any trademark.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Exhibitors acknowledge their responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (hereinafter "Act") to make their booths accessible to handicapped persons. Exhibitor shall also indemnify and hold harmless the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, and Keystone GIS against cost, expense, liability or damage, which may be incident to, arise out of or be caused by Exhibitor's failure to have their booth comply with requirements under the Act.
All persons visiting exhibits will be admitted according to the rules and regulations of the Exhibits as issued or amended by the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center and Keystone GIS.
Rules and Regulations
Exhibitors will abide by all other provisions of these rules and regulations and those further set forth by the PA GIS Conference, and with fire regulations and all other regulations of governmental agencies and the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center. It is expressly understood and agreed by applicant that the Rules and Regulations of the Exhibit as issued or amended by Keystone GIS are hereby made an integral part of the Contract and of the agreement between Applicant and Keystone GIS for this reference and to the same extent and effect as if said Rules and Regulations were set forth in full in the contract.
Last Revised as Of January 23, 2023