Professional Development Committee
The purpose of the Professional Development Committee will facilitate networking, advocating for continuing education opportunities, and compiling a yearly status report on the current geospatial industry and projected trends.
Coordinate with the Education Committee and understand trends in the academic sector.
- Provide information to the Board on trends and professional development opportunities throughout the year.
Goals and Tasks
Evaluate current geospatial industry and issue a description on projected trends and new technologies.
- List of skills geospatial professional should look to learn or hone to continue their professional development.
- Provide membership with opportunities to learn about new and/or alternative solutions for working with geospatial data, including datasets, software, and solutions.
- Review post-baccalaureate programs and provide a list of options for professionals looking to continue their education.
- Provide guidance and support for GISP applicants.
- Alyssa Wentz
- Member-at-large (Vacant)
- Sarah Baughman
- Thomas York